Understanding LTD and Disability Insurance Lawyer Fees
Long-term disability (LTD) insurance is designed to provide policyholders with a portion of their monthly income for a predetermined amount of time if they become disabled and cannot work due to a covered illness or injury.
An insurer’s definition of disabled, however, may not comport with common-use, dictionary definitions. Also, some disability insurance policies may only cover specific illnesses or injuries, and policies tend not to cover every injury or illness that could incapacitate an individual. For example, though mental health is a pressing national concern and quite disabling, mental illness coverage is usually capped at between 12 and 24 months.
In addition, the filing process for LTD benefits will include specific deadlines and detailed, comprehensive requests for documentation. These requested documents can include employer statements, treating physician chart notes, claimant’s statements, pharmacy records, financial information, vocational physical and cognitive demands.
More often than many may realize, LTD insurance companies wrongfully delay or deny disability insurance claims. Experienced disability lawyers, such as those at the top-rated disability insurance law firm DarrasLaw, can help.
You may be wondering how you can afford a top-rated disability insurance lawyer in the wake of your dwindling income, an inability to work, and a wrongfully denied individual or group disability claim. If so, don’t fret. Keep reading!
What Fees Do Long-Term Disability Lawyers Charge?
Making the decision to contact an experienced disability lawyer can feel intimidating. The worst feeling is probably the uncertainty you have regarding the cost of attorney fees.
Do not decide against contacting DarrasLaw simply because of cost, and here’s why. Understanding the way our top-rated disability insurance law firm handles attorney fees will hopefully empower you to reach out.
- Contingent-fee arrangement: We operate on what is known as a contingent-fee arrangement. This means that you—the client—only pay us—the lawyers—if we win compensation for you. You and your compassionate lawyer at DarrasLaw agree to accept a fixed percentage of the ultimate settlement.
- Settlement: In the case of wrongful disability claim denials, settlements are typically an amount of money that both parties ultimately agree is sufficient to resolve the problem. The settlement amount is the money out of which our lawyers’ fees get paid.
- Negotiations: A give-and-take discussion where two opposing parties attempt to reach an agreement, thereby settling a dispute. One party offers something in return for something else from the other party. Negotiations are cheaper and more efficient than formal lawsuits, which can mean that you get your money faster, without ever paying out of your pocket.
No Charge for Your Initial Consultation
Your initial claim consultation with DarrasLaw will always be free.
Earning the respect of policyholders is how we became America’s top disability law firm, and providing expert advice for free is an effective way for us to “give back.” The free claim consultation is a win-win, allowing us to learn more about your potential case and providing you with answers to your questions about the features, advantages, and benefits of your disability policy.
Fees Are Contingent Upon Results
If we choose to take your case, we will work on a contingent fee basis. We cover all up-front costs associated with the case, including medical evaluations, investigations, and exams, if necessary. This contingent-fee arrangement helps us ensure more disabled people who need a seasoned, top-rated disability insurance lawyer or ERISA attorney can get one—despite their financial circumstances.
How Our Top-Rated Disability Insurance Lawyers Can Help
If you have questions about your individual or group disability insurance policy—or need assistance with a disability claim that you have submitted or will submit—please contact the experienced, compassionate disability insurance lawyers and ERISA attorneys at DarrasLaw. To assist you, where possible, in getting the outcome you desire, we may:
- Help determine whether your policy covers you only if you cannot work at all or if you are forced to take another position because of your disability
- Make sure you accurately detail and document your occupational duties and their physical and mental demands
- Ensure that properly credentialed physicians evaluate all medical evidence, tests, and medications
- Fight for full payment of your valid disability claim
- Identify violations of your rights under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) if your policy is employer sponsored
- Ensure that any insurance company doctor exams are with physicians in the correct medical specialty
- Help you prepare your initial disability claim so you don’t make any fatal mistakes
- Make sure that your treating doctor’s chart notes fully describe your disability and show why you cannot work
Don’t Throw It Away—Keep All Documentation!
If your LTD insurance claim was already delayed or wrongfully denied, keep (or retrieve) copies of all correspondence between you and your insurance company whenever possible. If you cannot find all of the documents that you think are relevant, do not despair. Find what you can, make note of the documents you remember submitting but can’t locate, and save everything moving forward for your disability attorney.
You Have Nothing to Lose, but May Have Much to Gain. Frank N. Darras and His Firms Have Recovered Nearly $1 Billion in Wrongfully Denied Insurance Benefits
A free consultation and contingency-fee arrangement means that you have nothing to lose, and much to gain, by hiring the top-rated, compassionate long-term disability insurance lawyers at DarrasLaw.
Insurance companies often act in bad faith by:
- Hiring medical doctors in the wrong specialty to do exams
- Massive, repeated requests for duplicate claim documentation
- Denials that are not accompanied by any real explanations or proof
- Failure to make a claim decision within a reasonable amount of time
- Failure to relate relevant policy information to the claimant
- Using internal roadblocks to prevent timely claim payments
Our founding partner, Frank N. Darras, has seen more, evaluated more, and resolved more individual and long-term disability cases than any other lawyer or firm across the country. If your insurer fails to pay on your valid disability claim, DarrasLaw is here to fight for you. We evaluate disability cases throughout the United States.
Frank N. Darras and his firms have recovered nearly $1 billion on behalf of people who were probably just like you—unsure of where to turn. Turn to us when enough is enough.
Let the seasoned disability insurance lawyers and ERISA attorneys at DarrasLaw take care of your legal issues so you can focus on managing your injury or illness. Call us today at (800) 458-4577 or email us to schedule your free policy analysis or claim consultation.