When Your Well-Being Is On the Line
As a first responder, you put your life on the line all the time. The very nature of your job places you at higher risk for a long list of injuries and health issues, and many of these conditions can hinder your ability to return to work, perform your duties, and provide for yourself and your family.
At DarrasLaw, we understand the unique challenges that you and all first responders face, and our attorneys work tirelessly to help you secure the disability benefits to which you are entitled.
Common First Responder Injuries
Some injuries and health issues suffered by first responders are overt, such as burns, broken bones or cuts, while others are less noticeable but equally concerning, such as smoke inhalation. The more common injuries suffered by law enforcement officials, firefighters and EMS professionals include:
- Asphyxiation: Resulting in permanent brain damage
- Heat stress: Resulting in stroke and circulatory damage
- Physical stress: Resulting in musculoskeletal disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: Resulting in problems with depression, anxiety and chemical dependency
- Falls: Resulting in complete paralysis and severe brain trauma
- Vehicle crashes: Resulting in loss of mobility and other temporary or permanent disabilities
In addition to the occupational hazards you encounter regularly as a first responder, you may also suffer an off-the-clock injury that prevents you from fulfilling the demands of your job. Our lawyers can assist you in applying for disability benefits and making sure the insurance company does its part, whether that means challenging them when they deny your claim or working with them to extend the duration of your benefits.
We Act As Your Advocate
An injury or illness that keeps you from working is troubling enough without you having to worry about lost wages and mounting medical bills. If you have suffered an injury anywhere in the U.S., schedule a free initial consultation with DarrasLaw. Get in touch online or call 800-458-4577.