Do Not Accept A Denial Of Disability Benefits From Unum
If you thought you were properly insured against long term disability under an individual or group policy through Unum Provident, First Unum, Provident Life, The Paul Revere Life Insurance Company, New York Life Insurance Company or Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company, only to have your valid claim for benefits denied, you are not alone. When an insurer fails to pay benefits that you need and deserve, you have the right to appeal the denial or take further legal action.
Unum Group is a Fortune 500 company that generated more than $850 million in profits during 2013. If you are in a disability claim dispute, you need a top attorney to stand up for you and recover what you’re owed.
At DarrasLaw, our team of disability attorneys works with individuals nationwide who are no longer able to work and who are entitled to their disability benefits. After paying premiums to Unum under an individual or group disability policy, you have the right to expect the coverage you paid for. Contact our law firm today for immediate help in pursuing disability benefits that have been wrongfully denied by Unum.
A Denial Of Benefits May Be Only One Of Unum’s Tactics
It is no secret that insurance companies make money by collecting premiums; the converse is that they spend money when paying out on claims. This can create a disincentive for disability insurance companies to approve an initial application for benefits.
Long-term disability insurers must act in good faith and deal fairly with their insureds when processing claims. Sadly, this doesn’t always happen. Examples include the massive settlements that Unum made after Department of Labor and State of California investigations.
At DarrasLaw, we help insureds just like you address claims that Unum:
- Delayed payment on a valid claim without justification
- Failed to respond to disability policyholder requests
- Made endless demands for additional information
- Made an unreasonable request or the failure to order an Independent Medical Examinations (IME)
- Performed an invalid Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)
- Failed compliance with ERISA rules and regulations
- Ignored new medical, occupational or financial information
- Conducted selective video surveillance of claimants
- Made a lowball settlement offers or policy buyout offer
- Misinformed you about the terms of your policy
- Failed to independently evaluate all of your conditions that prevent returning to work
A denial of expected disability benefits is often just more bad news at an already difficult time. When you are unable to work because of a disabling sickness or injury, we understand that you need help now to secure your future and to provide for your family. Call DarrasLaw for immediate help with your disability claim denial today.
America’s Top Disability Firm Fights Back Against Unum
At DarrasLaw, our nationally renowned law firm handles Unum Provident disability insurance claims throughout the United States. We are trial lawyers who are ready to push for results, whether that’s thousands of dollars in unpaid disability benefits or millions. When you need help with a disability insurance claim, we are here for you.
If you are considering taking out a disability policy with Unum, call us for a free policy analysis.