Talk To A Disability Lawyer Now
(800) 898-7299
Your source for the latest health, disability and Insurance news and tips

Minor stroke can have major effect on working condition

There isn’t just one level of a stroke. Many people likely know someone who has suffered from a stroke and, therefore, understand how the medical event can change a person. Very serious strokes can be fatal. When they are not, they often leave a person unable to speak, with some sort of paralysis, memory loss and many more life-altering symptoms.

But the seriousness of what might be classified as a minor stroke shouldn’t be underestimated. Minor strokes also can lead to major problems that could leave a person’s once normal functions more difficult or impossible to perform. A doctor could tell a patient that the stroke was relatively minor, but the effects of the event can still make for a disabling condition that needs to be addressed.

WebMD says that a minor stroke can affect a person’s mobility and ability to speak like they once could. A stroke victim could also be left living with a sense of numbness in areas of their body, dizziness and more. Strokes can lead to the mental disability of depression as well.

These medical impairments are not easy to live with, and in many cases not easy or possible to work with, at least not at the same level that a person might once have been able. Therefore, it isn’t just so-called serious stroke victims who should seek disability benefits.

Our disability insurance attorneys have worked with people with all types disabling conditions. Visit our disability insurance page to learn more about the various insurance benefits matters we can help you with.

Source: WebMD, “Some Minor Strokes Lead to Disability,” Louise Chang, Sept. 13, 2012

DarrasLaw is Americas' most honored and decorated disability litigation firm in the country. Mr. Darras has seen more, evaluated more, litigated more, and resolved more individual and group long term disability and long-term care cases than any other lawyer in the United States.

Request a Free, Confidential Case Review.