Talk To A Disability Lawyer Now
(800) 898-7299
Your source for the latest health, disability and Insurance news and tips

Solutions for those who are injured and unable to work

While many people don’t enjoy working, there is nothing worse than the thought of being injured and unable to report to their place of employment.

Being injured and unable to work can lead to a variety of issues, including lost income. This is particularly true if the injury did not occur while working.

Our California readers, much the same as many others, are familiar with the various problems associated with an injury that holds a person back from working. Those who were injured on the job have more options than those who were injured at home or in some other capacity.

Once you have determined how long you will be out of work, it is time to consider the number of sick and vacation days you have. You can often use these during your recovery, ensuring that you don’t lose out on any money.

Another thing to consider is whether you are entitled to 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act. This is for employees who work for a company with more than 50 employees and have been an employee for more than a year. You will not get paid during this time, but it keeps you as part of the company.

And of course, if you have any sort of disability insurance, either through your employer or via an individual policy, now is the time to determine how you can collect the benefits due to you.

There is nothing worse than being disabled and unable to work. Anybody who is in this position and has run into legal issues as a result, should consult with an employment law attorney.

Source:  Fox Business, “Injured and Unable to Work, What to Do” Donna Fuscaldo, Jan. 21, 2014

DarrasLaw is Americas' most honored and decorated disability litigation firm in the country. Mr. Darras has seen more, evaluated more, litigated more, and resolved more individual and group long term disability and long-term care cases than any other lawyer in the United States.

Request a Free, Confidential Case Review.