Your source for the latest health, disability and Insurance news and tips

How can you get your long term insurance claim paid?

Many people throughout the country, including quite a few in California, realize the benefits of buying a long term care insurance policy. Those who don’t do so on an individual basis often receive coverage through an employer.

Regardless of where your coverage comes from, you realize that filing a claim means something has gone wrong with your health.

The only thing worse than having to make a long term insurance claim is being denied for benefits. Here are some steps you can take to better the chance of your claim being paid:

— Read your policy before submitting a claim. You want to know the ins and outs of your policy, ensuring that you characterize the claim in the manner that will give you the best chance of obtaining benefits without delay.

— Submit as much information as necessary. Some people sell themselves short by only providing what is asked of them. Don’t shy away from thinking outside the box, such as providing information from your medical team.

— Put your complaint in writing. If an insurance company denies your claim, don’t hash it out over the phone. Put everything in writing, as this is the clearest way to communicate your situation. This also makes it easier to follow up.

With any type of insurance, especially long term care and disability, you should feel comfortable making a claim should the time come. There are steps you can take to improve your chance of receiving benefits. If the insurance company refuses to budge, some people turn to an experienced attorney to provide them with advice and guidance.

Source: Forbes, “How Long-Term Care Insurers Deny Benefits” Jan. 05, 2015

Our Promise To Our Clients:

  • FREE: Consultations and Insurance Case Evaluations Are Always Free
  • UNDERSTANDING: We understand how you feel. Our clients are often at the very bottom of their life, feeling emotionally, physically, and financially exhausted.
  • PASSIONATE PEOPLE: Our expert Attorneys and Dedicated Staff Love The Work We Do. We are Compassionate, Caring, and Results Driven.
  • UNPARALLELED RESOURCES: We will not be bullied or outspent by billion-dollar insurance companies or their army of lawyers. 
  • RESPECTED: We have fought and won the respect of every disability and Long-term care insurance carrier for our policyholders.
  • RESULTS: Frank Darras and his firms have recovered nearly a $1 billion dollars in wrongfully denied insurance benefits to date, and we put that proven track record to work for you and your family.

DarrasLaw is Americas' most honored and decorated disability litigation firm in the country. Mr. Darras has seen more, evaluated more, litigated more, and resolved more individual and group long term disability and long-term care cases than any other lawyer in the United States.

Request a Free, Confidential Case Review.
Skip to content