Heart Disease and Stroke: What Do You Really Know?
Download on iTunes | Download on Stitcher |Listen on TuneIn
Stop and think: what can you do in 40 seconds?
You probably didn’t add “die from heart disease, stroke or other cardiovasular diseases” to your list. But it’s true: the American Heart Association says one person in the U.S. dies from these conditions every 40 seconds.
In this episode, Frank N. Darras discusses common heart disease and stroke myths, symptoms you need to know, and how it all relates to disability.
What you’ll learn
- About 85.6 million Americans are living with some form of heart disease or the after-effects of a stroke
- How to prepare if you decide to file a disability claim
- Stroke is the leading preventable cause of disability
- It can affect you at any age
- How a stroke’s effects vary based on where it happens in the brain
- The warning signs of a stroke
F ace Drooping
A rm Weakness
S peech Difficulty
T ime to Call 9-1-1
About Heart Disease
- Heart disease can affect you at any age and level of health
- Stress plays a major role in heart attacks and heart disease
- High blood pressure, high LDl cholesterol, and smoking are key risk factors
- What the effects are, and why you need to keep a detailed record of them
Need more information?
Stroke in the U.S., American Stroke Association
Top 10 Myths About Cardiovascular Disease, American Heart Association
3 Things You Need To Know About Having A Stroke, DarrasLaw Blog