Weathering the Storm: What To Do When Homeowners Insurance Isn’t Enough
You probably think you don’t need flood insurance. So do most Americans.
Frank N. Darras appears on Health, Wealth and Happiness to tell you why most people think homeowners insurance is enough to cover the damage of spring storms, flooding, tornadoes and hurricanes – and why this assumption can cost you thousands of dollars.
Quote from the show:
“If a flood comes and takes my stuff, God bless. I’m going down to Best Buy and I’m buying all new stuff.”
What you’ll learn:
- How often flooding occurs and who it affects
- How much the average flood insurance claim is vs. how much flood insurance costs
- Why you pay more for federal and state disaster relief when people don’t buy flood insurance
- What common causes of flooding are – and they’re not what you think
- Why you need flood insurance, no matter where you live
Want more information?
Subscribe to our blog to receive exclusive content – How The “Wind vs. Water” Debate Can Ruin Your Homeowners Insurance Claim